In just a few short weeks we will be embarking on something I’ve been wanting to do since the beginning of parenthood. Roadtrippin’! And not just your summer 3-day long roadtrip, either. We’re taking 3 solid weeks to explore National Parks, visit friends and do some hands-on learning! Can you tell I’m excited?!
I believe wholeheartedly that there are deep connections that are made in the mind when you experience something. Since we’ve designed our life to have the flexibility to travel, we are taking advantage of the Spring temps (and Spring-sized crowds) to do just that. I want to share our adventure with you, so I’ll be posting our packing list, some activities I’ve done with the boys to prepare, and of course pictures and stories along the way.
As I started thinking through and researching what all a 3 week long roadtrip would entail, I amassed a list of wants and needs. I’ll let you figure out which was which. 🙂 Maybe it will help you think through some practical needs on your next adventure!
Cargo box for our van
Neck pillows (kid sized and adult sized)
Dust buster for the car
DVD travel case
Glasses repair kit
Container with secure lid for coconut milk (For coffee!)
Camera’s for the kids
Plug-in outlets for van
iphone car mount
Real (paper!) atlas
Portable jump starter
A better Emergency Kit
Shout stain remover wipes
New wiper blades
Travel water bottles
Washi tape to cover iphone bricks
Seat-back organizers (2)
My list of preparations also included:
- Using the Roadtrippers app for planning
- Buying flipflops for kids (easy for in and out of the car!)
- Getting the van’s tires rotated, oil change, a good vacuuming and general look-over
- Notebooks made (check back on a post about these!)
- Reserve AirBnBs
- Plan out possible activities in different cities (check on prices, hours, and proximity)
- Think ahead on grocery shopping and laundry possibilities
- Get help watering plants and checking on our house while we’re away
I know there’s more, but this is where we will begin our adventure. Are we having fun yet??